Programme: Writing The Vision (February Edition)
Date: Saturday, 18th February 2023
1. The word of God is the compilation of the thoughts that contain God’s intent; it is the arrangement of the thoughts that have to do with the innermost of God’s intent. The word of God is classified into meat, strong meat and eternal meat of the word. It is possible to know scriptures and not know the word of God. To know the word of God is to know the intent of God. The knowledge of God are the body of thoughts that God wants every man on earth to understand. We may have the scriptures, but we still need the spirit of wisdom and revelation (Eph. 1:17) to understand the thoughts of God.
2. One cannot ordinarily comprehend the person of God (Matt. 16:16-17); it is the person of Christ that makes one understand God easily. Christ is a provision of God to make a man spiritual. This is because the task ahead is knowing God who is a spirit (John 4:24). The Church is a school. The Church is primarily a place of spiritual education and not a miracle center. The Church is meant to be built so that the gates of hell will not prevail (Matt. 16:18).
3. (John 3:5). There are two types of water: there is the flowing water and there is the genetic water. Water in this scripture is not referring to a river or well; it is the way called the “spirit”. Water and spirit must come together to give birth to a spirit from flesh. That is when the person has been delivered from the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of His dear Son (Col. 1:13).
4. (Gen. 4:3-5). To have respect unto a thing is to accept it. This offering here was not just what Cain and Abel brought but what was in their souls; this is because what you offer is who you are. Another word for respect is regard. Cain regarded himself for sin; he felt that God was not worthy of receiving the investment of the best fruit of the ground. However, Abel had attained to a stature before he offered up himself to God; he had become some kind of rock. One who is not rocky enough will not be able to make some offerings to God.
5. (Tit. 2:11-13). The reason we have to be taught Christ is for us to deny worldly lusts and ungodliness. This is for us to have might in the form of delight for the Lord to come. There is a particular structure, stature, enablement, capacity and manpower one needs in order to seek the Lord. The Lord will not come suddenly into His temple if men do not seek Him with delight and a desire to see Him.
6. It is only one who has become Christ that will be delightful enough to seek the messenger of the covenant. The Messenger of the covenant has the ability to come to those who seek Him. The temple of seeking is the Sanctuary; it is a place of the burning light and fire. Seeking is a discharge of energy that turns those who seek into fire. This is what is described as serving the Lord fervently or with zeal (Rom. 12:11). Serving the Lord is done in the Sanctuary until He comes. He does not come as Christ but as the Messenger of the covenant.
7. The foolish virgins did not have oil in their vessels. This is why people go weary. There is a need to prioritise meetings. Some hardly listen and join meetings and as a result, their fire is draining. Our fire is a result of oil. Without fire, we will not seek the Lord the way He ought to be sought. We must ask the Lord for oil, not just new fire. As long as there is oil, the fire will be burning. Our burning is our response to the energy of God and to light. We can be kindled by God, depending on how much oil we have in our lanterns (hearts). Oil should be in our souls and bodies also.
8. “For the Lord hath chosen Zion; he hath desired it for his habitation.” (Ps. 132:13). The Lord delights Himself in Zion because Zion has the capacity to do the perfect will of God. The perfect will of God is that which will bring God ultimate pleasure. “I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.” (Ps. 132:15). This bread is the Living Bread or everlasting Life. Jesus is the True Bread, the Living Bread and the Bread of Life. The Living Bread is the life of the Living Son of God while the True Bread is the knowledge of the Son of God.
9. “He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.” (John 3:33). When one sets to his seal that God is true, it means he has abided in the doctrine enough until God has appeared fully to him. Such a man now possesses the Living and the True God, then such a person can say that he is fully sealed in life everlasting. Those who are on the horse in Rev. 19:11 are also faithful and true. They were first faithful with the beginning of the word until they became true. It is when one becomes true that he is sealed.
10. God has given us a merciful and faithful High Priest (Heb. 2:17-18). We were originally out of alignment and are not in the way of everlasting life as a result of sins and iniquity. The Messenger of the covenant is a Minister of the Sanctuary. As such, He will purge the sons of the Sanctuary. The children in the realm of charity need to be polished for entrance. This is because there are things that must not enter into the Holiest of All. Similarly, there are things in the Holiest of All that must not enter into Eternal Life.
11. Jesus brings us into the Most Holy Place where there is no enmity between us and God. However, there is still some darkness in us (1 John 1:8). This is why Jesus had to make the covenant of everlasting life which He is a surety, guarantor and minister for. Jesus is interceding because He wants people to attain it. By the end of this year, incorruptible men should have arisen. This has to be a quick work!
12. We should not be discouraged if we do not get there by the end of this year. Also, we should not be too relaxed but remain obedient. We should be individualistic but should equally be collective and consider the things of our brethren. We are not looking for something that is hard to get but something that has already been provided. This is something we need to do with God (Philipp. 2:12-13).
13. People strife at waters. There is always war around waters because of ways, especially when there is thirst. People who are thirsty try to break protocols around waters because there is a way they are used to behaving. However, there is a way to approach these waters. Man has been used to a contrary way and that is why he is dying; but when he finds the way, Jesus will intercede for him to endure the way of the service of this water.
14. Drinking the water is not an immediate answer to our darkness, as the water has to run its course and correct something in us. If we are unable to allow the water to run its course, we will not inherit life. It is at this juncture that Jesus is interceding and intervening to help us. He is helping and succouring us to allow the life in opposition to that which is corruptible. We will drink the way until every former pattern is lost. We will lose the thought of how we used to be, and the way of iniquity is going to be dealt with because someone is interceding for us to inherit the way of truth.
Ruth Emem - 2 weeks agoAmen, thank you Lord Jesus.