Programme: Lekki Soul Centre (LSC)
Date: Wednesday, 29th March 2023
1. “Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.” (Jer. 17:5). Man has a nature that makes him trust in the will of man; this is the work of the enemy. The enemy is raising men who are carnally minded so that they will eventually become sons of perdition. Therefore, we need the ministry of the throne to prevent man from moving into a state of perdition.
2. It is necessary that the ministration of the throne of God is revealed to us, otherwise, another throne (hell) would be carrying out a work within our hearts. It is only the ministration of the throne that can combat the hellish operations that are fighting against the Church. God is bringing the issue of the throne to us in this season because He wants to prevent the enemy from prevailing against His saints (Dan. 7:21). It may not be easy to discern hellish operations, but God can bless us with eyes for discernment.
3. (Gal. 2:4; Jude 1:12). In the season of charity, there are hellish operations that creep into the Church. This is why God must raise holy apostles and prophets who can discern such operations in the season of charity. These hellish operations can be categorized as that of the antichrists and the false prophets (Matt. 24:24; 1 John 2:18, 4:1). The operation of the antichrist preaches that Jesus is not Christ, while the operation of the false prophet preaches that Jesus is not come in the flesh. The operation of the antichrist will make men abort the learning of the faith of Jesus Christ (Gal. 2:20), which ought to bring the nature of Christ into expression in the flesh.
4. When one is living by faith, the work that is being done in one's soul is not obvious. Satan is not omniscient (all-knowing); this is why he does not know what is going on inside a man’s soul. There are times when we think we are not growing up spiritually but God is actually working in our souls. God would not show this to us too early because He wants us to have acquired a level of strength to combat spirits before our growth manifests in the flesh. As such, He would rather reveal our infirmities to us more frequently (as a reason to gather more strength).
5. The essence of the doctrine of Christ is to raise a company of men into a place where they have the nature of Christ (the anointed). This company of Christ will then be raised to become the prophets (Ps. 105:15). It is not sufficient to just be content with the learning of Christ because of the things that are coming against us ‒ the operations of the antichrist (1 John 2:18) and the false prophets (1 John 4:1). This is why there is also a need for us to learn the doctrine of everlasting life.
6. (Luke 10:19). Our first warfare in the wilderness is to fight against serpents and scorpions, which typify the wisdom called sin and death. The warfare is propagated by evil spirits (serpents and scorpions) to make sure a man becomes carnal and comes into a state of dust; this is how they continue to feed on hearts through unclean thoughts. The enemy does not want anyone to transition from being carnal to becoming spiritual, and from being spiritual to becoming divine; this is why he prevents men from receiving judgment. When unclean things creep into our space unawares – sometimes as doubts, murmurings and fears – their aim is to keep us in perpetual defilement and prevent us from graduating in the spirit. Hence, we need a lot of judgment to know our enemies so that we can easily track and stop them.
7. To escape the programme of Satan, we must grow in grace (2 Pet. 3:18) ‒ the grace of Christ which builds us up (Acts 20:32) and the grace of God which brings salvation (Tit. 2:11). Satan wants us to grow as men who are flesh – men whose end is destruction – but we must not allow him. In Genesis 6, we see how Satan groomed and raised man to become flesh; that was why God had to quickly cut such men off by destroying that world. However, God had promised not to do so again (Gen. 9:13-17). This means flesh would be allowed to grow in men (who yield to it) without God intercepting it.
8. Satan does not want anyone to win the warfare in the wilderness and the promised land. If at all men enter the promised land, Satan does not want them to abide therein. This is why we need the ministry of the throne. Abiding in the land of promise requires warfare. The children of Israel kept on warring till the days of Solomon. This was because different nations kept warring against them to take them off the land. Similarly, evil spirits have made covenants with the powers of fallen heavens to move men out of the inheritance. The warfare against evil spirits is for us to choose and hold the truth of Christ, the Son and the Father until we are planted in the land of the living. It is by holding on to this message of truth that we will defeat the devil.
9. The path of everlasting life will lead a saint to two things ‒ God’s presence and right hand (Ps. 16:11). The "first work" makes one stay in His presence, while the "last work" will make one stay at the right hand. The latter is where one abides, having come above all the tricks and warfare of evil spirits. Until then, we are continually at war.
10. (Dan. 7:22). The saints of the Most High must receive judgment to be able to deliver the heathen and nations from what troubles them ‒ her kings. The saints of the Most High are the very elect of God (Matt. 24:24); they are also priests of the Most High. The intention of God is to make the saints of the Most High become priests of the Most High. The latter have the blessing of Urim and Thummim (Neh. 7:65); they have the blessing of bread and wine. The allocation of commandments that God is giving to us, is for us to be able to deal with the adversary of our God.
11. God wants to take vengeance; this is why He is committed to handing judgment to us. He has enrolled us as soldiers. As such, we must cease from living a “civil” life. God wants us to be able to handle judgment and be able to compare "spiritual things with spiritual" (1 Corin. 2:13). This is because our enemies are now mightier; they are not just rulers of darkness of this world but also spiritual wickedness in high places. As such, it is dangerous to be carnal and not be spiritual in this season.
12. In the promised land which the children of Israel came into, one of the cities there is the city of refuge (Num. 35:14). The essence of the city of refuge is for escape from the avenger. One needs to keep running until one enters this city. This is why God wants to hasten us into everlasting life and also make us abide there. Even after we have attained everlasting life, Satan does not want us to abide; he keeps warring, hurling all manner of temptations at us to bring us out. It is not going to be easy, but we need to find the strength to stay and endure. To learn endurance is to learn to abide (1 Cor. 13:7).
13. (2 Tim. 2:3). Dealings on endurance tamper with the nature in us. We are asked to endure hardness because we are being turned into entities of the new heaven ‒ being configured to be like God. There is no haste in God. Endurance is one of the natures God wants to bless us with; it is part of our inheritance. Anyone without these natures will not dwell in the new heaven and the new earth. To have the nature of God, we must fight and win our battles. As we are shown glimpses of the nature of God and what it means to endure daily, we must desire it greatly. We must pray for the grace to be able to trade everything we have in order to endure forever. It is a glorious estate to be.
14. Heaven is causing us to see the land, even though we may not have gotten there yet. This means we need to fight the warfare to enter into it. Hence, we must not entertain foolish talk/jesting (Eph. 5:4). Speaking in unbelief is foolish talk. When prophecies are said regarding God giving us everlasting life, it is foolish to speak in unbelief or jest with it. To do so is to take God as a joke. God is not joking about what He says because He already swore an oath regarding it. God has invested so much; emissaries, angels and the seven spirits are being released to work with us. We must respond positively and not bring an “evil report” like the ten spies did when they returned from the promised land (Num. 13:32). Rather, we should possess “another spirit” like Caleb and Joshua (Num. 14:24); this is the attitude of men who are ready to take conquest and have victory. Knowing that victory is sure, we should fight a good warfare by staying under the leading of the Spirit and cooperating with God so that we can take the inheritance.
15. (Col. 1:10-13). After a man has been made fruitful in Christ, he needs the “all might” that is according to God’s glorious power (eternal power). We need to be strengthened with might because of the nature of our warfare and the inheritance. We also need to exercise all patience and long-suffering, coupled with joy in our souls and thanksgiving to the Father. These are the attitudes of overcomers we ought to possess. One thing that would characterize the season of everlasting life is thanksgiving because we are not people who forget God’s benefits (Ps. 103:2).